Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Episode Two.Eleven



Ravi and Sonia "DriveTime" like it's 2005 with the return of an ailing Studio-A which deftly segues into a new segment: What's Wrong with Studio-A? The mishaps only escalate when FoD Chris Monks dials in for a remote appearance, thwarted by bad magnetic juju. Through the crackling and buzzing, he somehow promotes his third Utter Wonder reading series, reads an original list, Signs your unicorn is cheating on you, and does a play-by-play call of his five year old son playing Nintendo Wii Boxing.

(QuickTime, 07:33, 31 MB)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww... that was a fun one.
I feel for you guys with a car like that. My van, Studio P although I don't actually record in it has a habit of smelling like gas after a fill up. Otherwise it takes a while to warm up for the heater, the ac works but needs freon, and the fan in the ac / heater area is starting to fail.

And in TX you have to have a fan blowing air on you when it's hot.

Good show!

~L~

PS Ravi, did you get my mail?
Wasn't sure if I sent it to the right addy.

Ravi said...

lehsa -- I feel your pain with regards to Studio-P. I really do feel that Studio-A may be on its last legs (yes, I've been saying that for years).

I don't think I got your mail... the official DriveTime Glovebox has been swamped with spam, so it might be lost in there? (I think it's up to 900 some odd messages).

Glad you enjoyed the episode (the bizarro magnetic juju was maddening... my old phone worked fine for our remote interview segments!)

Anonymous said...

I thought it was a good show even with the garbled magnetic interference. As me old grandpappy used to say, "Where's the damn Mustard?!"... oh.. wait, I mean my other grandpappy who used to say, "You work with what you got"...

I'm just happy to see an update. :)

Ravi said...

waveybrain -- you didn't like the counter-intuitive "Anti-Sweeps" approach of this episode?! Your concerns might signal the death knell for Studio-A (if not my phone!) Hmmm... Studio-L... Lexus? Lincoln?! Suggest away!

Thanks ricky -- I think *both* grandpappy quotes are appropriate!