Monday, October 17, 2005

Guest FAQ

Okay, here's a FAQ for potential guests. Let me know if I missed anything ('Q' away!) and I can add it to the list.

Q: What's the deal with DriveTime?


A: Same as all my deals: "Volume, volume, volume!" (tip of the hat to 80's Letterman). The deal is I'm doing a show from my car as I commute to and from work.

Q: What kind of guests are you looking for?

A: I'm pretty open-minded and the more varied the make-up of guests, the better. It would be nice if the guest had something upcoming to talk about (ie. an event, project, or new release), if only to make it more topical and relevent.

Q: I'm interested in being a guest. What should I do?


A: Write to me at drivetime@ravijain.org and we can talk about it!

Q: How will you pick up guests?

A: I'll arrange a meeting place and time with potential guests, so I can pull over and pick them up.

Q: How long is an interview?

A: A few minutes -- however long it naturally takes.

Q: What's your driving route?

A: I've posted a map at http://ravijain.org/pressroom/drivetime_routes.jpg

Q: I hate looking at maps. Give me some landmarks along your route.


A: Jamaica Pond, Longwood T stop, Coolidge Corner, The Paradise Rock Club, Allston Public Library, Harvard Square (a slight deviation), BU Bridge, Fenway area, MassArt, JP Center.

Q: Can you make any detours? I'd love to come on the show but I need to go to [insert remote location here].

A: I can make slight detours with enough advance planning, in fact, I often do if I have errands, or I'm dropping my wife off at work. The evening commute is probably more flexible. Write me and we can discuss.

5 comments:

Polly said...

Q: Where is episode Two????

Ravi said...

A: Episode Two is in the proverbial "digital can". Logged and captured. A quick edit tonight and it should be up tomorrow!

Unknown said...

MIT is a great landmark for your afternoon route. ;)

Ravi said...

I couldn't agree more Omar!

Anonymous said...

You probably don't have enough room on the dashboard to put a MacBook with iSight to record DriveTime.. so how do you do it? what kind of camera and software?